On this page
A preschool individual learning support plan (ILSP) is for children with special needs or disabilities attending the preschool program who may require additional support. An individual learning support plan will describe the support that will be provided.
The child’s ILSP is developed by the service with input from the family and other support services involved with the child. The ILSP is used to plan how the preschool program will respond to the child’s identified needs.
The plan must:
- identify the child’s strengths and areas for development
- identify strategies to ensure access and participation in all areas of the preschool program
- facilitate the child’s inclusion within the preschool program
- plan achievable and specific objectives for the child that build awareness of strengths and consider the child’s individual needs
- reflect the skills and knowledge of those planning the child’s program
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of professional staff
- identify innovative programming strategies, other resources, training or equipment that could assist the implementation of the support plan
- monitor the child’s development
- be retained by the site
- will be reviewed once per term.
Preschool Policy and Programs
Phone: 8226 2794
Email: education.ecsupport [at] sa.gov.au
Mail: Level 3, 31 Flinders Street, ADELAIDE SA 5000