On this page
There are many helpful guides and materials that may help you to create your child safe environment.
- Child safe environments: Principles of good practice (PDF 372KB)
- Child safe environments: Standards for dealing with information obtained about a person’s criminal history as part of a relevant history assessment (PDF 840KB)
- Child safe environments: Guidelines for mandated notifiers and information for organisations (PDF 1.2MB)
- Information sharing guidelines
- Protecting children and young people with disability: A booklet for parents and carers (PDF 1MB)
The following fact sheets provide further information for organisations to create child safe environments.
- Fact Sheet - Child safe environments (PDF 304KB)
- Fact Sheet - Child safe environments compliance statement (PDF 302KB)
- Fact Sheet - Conducting relevant history assessments - frequently asked questions (PDF 337KB)
- Fact Sheet - Information for sole traders and people working in partnerships (PDF 263KB)
The following resources are specifically for use by sporting associations in creating child safe environments:
- Resources for safe and supportive sporting environments – Office for Recreation and Sport
- Play by the Rules – Australian Sports Commission
- Junior Sports Framework
The following websites may provide additional resources.
Child Safe Environments
Phone: 8463 6468
Email: educationchildsafe [at] sa.gov.au