On this page
The Department for Education is committed to having a complaint management process that is easy to understand and accessible to everyone.
This page has information you can use if you need help to make a complaint.
We have translated information about how to make a complaint into 18 languages.
Children with disability and special needs
See support for children with disability and special needs or phone 8226 1769.
Aboriginal children and young people
You can get support from an Aboriginal support staff worker at your local education office or school.
Search for your local partnership by looking up your school or preschool, go to contact details.
If you need more support:
- email the Aboriginal Education directorate on education.aboriginalservices [at] sa.gov.au
- phone 8226 1214
- see Aboriginal education strategy.
Young people (under 18)
Students under 18 can make a complaint to the Customer Feedback unit (CFU).
However we encourage you to talk with your school first.
If you have questions call 8226 1000 or email: education.customers [at] sa.gov.au.
You can get other support from your local education office.
Also see the parenting information and support for more information.
- For people who do not speak English, contact Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 1800 280 203 (toll free).
- For Aboriginal interpreter services phone 8999 2062 or email ais [at] nt.gov.au.
- The National Relay Service is available for customers that are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment. Call 133 677 (TTY or voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (speak and listen) at no extra charge.
- Child protection issues will be directed to the Department for Child Protection where required.
Other external support services are:
- Child and Family Health Service (CaFHS) phone 1300 733 606
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Kids Helpline phone 1800 551 800
- Lifeline phone 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue phone 1300 224 636
- Headspace for young people 12 to 25 years of age, phone 1800 063 267
- Youth Mental Health Service for young people over 16 to 24 years of age
- Women's and Children's Hospital phone 8161 7000
- Multicultural Youth SA Inc. phone 8212 0085.