The state government has chosen the Civica education suite of software products for its new business transformation initiative that will modernise, streamline and simplify operations for all public schools and preschools in South Australia.
Following an extensive open market process, Civica Pty Ltd has been selected to provide its digital schools management solution that will form the new Education Management System (EMS) and provide a flexible and student centric solution for public education.
The EMS will provide a new platform to deliver enhanced ICT capabilities to all state schools and preschools and will be an important enabler for school improvement and the aspiration to become a world-class education system.
Parents and caregivers will have access to a dedicated and secure parent portal that they can log on to at any time and from any device to see information relevant to their child.
Key features of Civica’s solution include:
- a single student record that captures all the relevant information about a child’s progress in the public education system
- easier recording of enrolments, family information and movement between schools
- a teacher toolkit to make it simpler to record attendance, behavior management, prepare reports, plan and communicate
- high quality timetabling and scheduling tools
- learning management system to make it easier to track and report on student learning, homework and assignments
- financial management tools to support budgeting, invoicing and procurement
- parent/caregiver portal with 24 hour access to timetables, homework, notifications, events, attendance and achievement
- school administration tools to support site and facilities management
- business analytics to provide teachers, principals, education directors and the department with reports and data to support and guide decision making.
The Department for Education is looking to pilot the new system with up to ten schools and preschools in the first half of 2019 to ensure its design and functionality meets their needs. This will inform the broader rollout to more than 900 sites.
Civica Pty Ltd is a leading international supplier for school management systems with approximately 6000 schools, colleges and library customers globally.
Quotes attributable to Scott Bayliss, Chief Information Officer
This is a major investment that will modernise and transform school and preschool operations.
The Education Management System is a powerful digital tool with a comprehensive suite of features to streamline school management tasks and reduce the administrative burden placed on teachers and early childhood workers.
Schools and preschools can expect a world-class Education Management System that will improve the connection with parents and caregivers and importantly help them to remain focused on their core business of teaching and learning.