Adelaide Botanic High School’s logo, website and school branding has been unveiled.
The school’s mantra will be “tomorrow, today” which emphasises making today’s learning count in tomorrow’s world.
Adelaide Botanic High School is South Australia’s first vertical school and is located on Frome Road among Adelaide’s vibrant educational and cultural precinct, including major Universities, the Adelaide Zoo and Botanic Gardens.
The school will cater for 1250 students and open in term 1, 2019 with a staggered enrolment beginning with Years 8 and 9.
The core values of ‘curiosity, community and excellence’ form the building blocks of the Adelaide Botanic High School DNA which are visually represented by a series of brand patterns.
These elements are combined to form the logo which represents the school’s commitment to innovation, unique contemporary character, futures-focused learning and pursuit of excellence.
Each brand pattern acts as a pictorial metaphor:
- the wave pattern represents the desire to build onto young people’s natural curiosity.
- the circles represent the school’s commitment to building and valuing community.
- the shield represents striving for excellence
- the horizontal lines represent the school’s unique architecture and vertical built form
- the “A” represents the school’s central location in Adelaide, as well as achieving high performance.
The design of South Australia’s new CBD school is represented by a colour palette that emphasises its environmentally sustainable design, its central location among Adelaide’s parklands and health and sciences focus.
Local firm Cox Architecture has partnered with DesignInc, TCL, AECOM and KBR to design Adelaide Botanic High School, with Lendlease Building Contractors Pty Ltd winning the major design and construct contract.