‘Raising brilliantly behaved children’ will introduce parents with children aged 5 to 12 years to some new and practical ways of promoting positive behaviour to add to your parenting skill set.
Presented by psychologist, parenting author and speaker Jodie Benveniste, the session will cover a variety of topics including:
- dealing with challenging behaviour in ways that bring out your child’s strengths and true character
- alternatives to discipline and punishment
- encouraging cooperation rather than conflict.
Attend in person from 7pm, Wednesday 21 March 2018 at the Adelaide Convention Centre or join in online through a webcast.
About Parenting SA
Parenting SA has offered free public seminars since 1997. The seminar program is a universal strategy which provides parents in the community with quality information on a range of topics relevant to raising children and young people aged 0 to 18 years.
The program aims to contribute to the health and wellbeing of children and young people by providing evidence-based information which:
- increases knowledge and confidence about parenting issues and strategies
- fosters informed decisions about good parenting practice
- provides information about available parenting resources and support
- provides education and health professionals with additional resources to talk with parents about.
For more information phone (08) 8303 1660, or email health.parentingsa [at] health.sa.gov.au.
About the seminars
‘Raising brilliantly behaved children’ is the first of a series of seminars being hosted by Parenting SA in 2018.
The future dates are:
- Tuesday 19 June 2018
- Tuesday 6 November 2018.
More details will be available about these events closer to the date.