From today, students, parents, and the wider public can nominate an outstanding and dedicated person working in public education, both in teaching and non-teaching roles, who they believe deserves recognition.
Nominations for the SA Public Education Awards are open until Thursday 31 May and can be completed online at www.education.sa.gov.au/awards.
People can also visit one of the nomination stalls in Rundle Mall Friday 4 May, Colonnades Shopping Centre and Castle Plaza Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 May.
Eddie Betts has jumped on board as this year’s ambassador, to help celebrate the people working in public education in the state and thank them for their contribution to creating the best education outcome for all children and young people.
Finalists will be announced in August and the overall winners and runners up will be announced at the awards ceremony held in October.
Overall, 10 winners will be awarded $10,000 and 20 runners up will be awarded $2,000 towards their choice of professional development.
2018 Public Education Awards categories
- Teachers Health Leadership Award - principals, preschool directors, deputy principals and manager level roles in regional and corporate offices. Supported by platinum sponsor, Teachers Health
- Secondary Teacher of the Year - secondary level teachers (years 8 to 12)
- Credit Union SA Primary Teacher of the Year - primary level teachers (years R to 7). Supported by platinum sponsor, Credit Union SA
- Early Years Teacher of the Year - early childhood educators (birth to 8 years)
- School and Preschool Support Award - support staff in any school, preschool or early childhood centre
- System Excellence Award - all non-teaching staff other than site based support staff
- Aunty Josie Agius Award - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees working in any role
- Community Engagement Award - any employee, including teams and individuals
- Innovation in Practice Award - any employee, including teams and individuals
- Performance Through Values Award - successful Performance Through Values Program employees are shortlisted for this award