Construction has begun today on the brand new B-12 school at Aldinga.
Located at 143 Port Road, Aldinga, the new B-12 school will be a welcome addition for many families in the growing south.
Delivered as part of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) project with TESA Education, the build is expected to create 450 new jobs during construction.
The school, which is set to open in term 1, 2022, will accommodate up to 1675 students, including 100 inclusive places for students with a disability and a 75 place children’s centre.
The proposed zone for the Aldinga B-12 schools expands as far north as Maslin Beach, down to Sellicks Beach in the south, and includes suburbs such as Port Willunga, Aldinga and Aldinga Beach.
Families can view a map of the proposed new and amended zones here.
Feature of school’s design will include:
- a modern learning environment with strong connections between internal and external learning spaces
- a focus on STEM studies to educate students for jobs of the future
- integration and connection, providing unique learning and teaching environments for children and students from birth all the way up to year 12
- design that allows community use, creating an inclusive and accessible hub
- expansive outdoor facilities designed for community use outside of school hours, including courts, an open gymnasium, sporting fields
- a 300 seat performing arts centre and an entrepreneurial hub
- Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles and meet a 5-green star rating.
TESA Education comprises of Tetris Capital, Dutch Infrastructure Fund, Sarah Construction and ISS Services.