The Communicable Disease Control Branch of SA Health has today advised us of the recommendation to proactively close all schools, early childhood facilities and Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) services in and between the towns of Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Angaston, Lyndoch and Williamstown from Monday 30 March.
The following sites and services are affected:
- Angaston Child Care & Early Learning
- Angaston Kindergarten
- Angaston Primary School
- Barossa Rec & Fitness Centre Vacation Care
- Barossa Valley Community Kids
- Faith Lutheran College
- Faith Lutheran College ELC
- Good Shepherd Angaston OSHC
- Good Shepherd Lutheran School - Angaston
- Goodstart EL Nuriootpa
- Happy Haven Tanunda OSHC
- Light Pass Primary School
- Lyndoch Primary School
- Lyndoch PS OSHC/Vac
- Lyndoch Valley Family Centre
- Lyndoch Valley Occasional Care
- Happy Haven Nuriootpa OSHC
- Nuriootpa Community Children's Centre
- Nuriootpa High School
- Nuriootpa Primary School
- Redeemer Lutheran School Camp Aust OSHC
- Redeemer Lutheran School
- Redeemer Lutheran School ELC
- Southern Barossa Community CC
- St Jakobi Lutheran School
- St Jakobi Lutheran School OSHC/Vac
- Stepping Stone Tanunda CC & EDC
- Stepping Stone Tanunda OSHC
- Tanunda Kindergarten Association
- Tanunda Lutheran OSHC
- Tanunda Lutheran School Inc
- Tanunda Primary School
- Williamstown Primary School
- Williamstown PS OSHC Camp Australia
- Williamstown School-Based Preschool
The closure is a proactive measure specific to this area because SA Health has identified a number of linked COVID-19 cases in people who have been in those towns. SA Health is continuing to monitor this situation and is working to identify and quarantine people who may have been exposed. Identified people will be contacted as soon as possible.
We will not be opening schools, early childhood facilities and out of school hours care services in the region until public health officials indicate we can do so.
Families are being contacted with information about the closure and details on how continuity of learning will be supported.
Note that Family Day Care can still operate at the discretion of the carer.
A further update will be provided on Monday.