Concept designs have been revealed for the $32 million expansion at Glenunga International High School.
The Glenunga International High School upgrade will include:
- Sufficient capacity to accommodate 2200 students to cater for enrolment growth and the transition of Year 7s into high school in 2022
- Construction of a new three storey science and technology building featuring specialist spaces for science, technology and innovation, as well as serviced learning areas, breakout areas and associated staff preparation areas
- Construction of a new double court gymnasium building with a two story annex accommodating health and physical education spaces, change rooms, serviced learning areas and amenities
- Creation of a common plaza and landscaping; and
- Additional car parking spaces.
The build will be completed by the end of next year in readiness for Term 1, 2022.
The concept reveals come as 12 schools across the state have now begun construction on their projects.
Construction is underway at Ceduna Area School, Gawler and District College, Le Fevre High School, Murray Bridge High School, Mount Barker High School, Nuriootpa Primary School, Parafield Gardens High School, Paralowie School and Salisbury High School, in addition to the new schools being built at Aldinga, Angle Vale and Whyalla.