Located at 23 Riverbanks Road, Angle Vale, and 143 Port Road, Aldinga, each school will accommodate up to 1675 students, including 1500 students, 100 inclusive places for students with a disability and a 75 place children’s centre.
Following a comprehensive procurement process, TESA Education comprising of Tetris Capital, Dutch Infrastructure Fund, Sarah Construction and ISS Services has been awarded the contract to construct and maintain the two new schools.
Features of the design for the schools include:
- provide a modern and contemporary learning environment with strong connections between internal and external learning spaces
- have a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) studies to educate students for jobs of the future
- be integrated and connected, providing unique learning and teaching environments for children, students and staff from birth all the way up to year 12
- be designed to allow community use, creating an inclusive and accessible hub;
- offer expansive outdoor facilities designed for community use outside of school hours, including courts, an open gymnasium, sporting fields
- have a 300 seat performing arts centre and an entrepreneurial hub
- incorporate Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles and meet a 5-green star rating.
Construction is scheduled to commence in early 2020 with the schools opening in term 1, 2022.
The builds are part of the state government’s $1.3bn package of investment in public schools infrastructure and are two of three new schools set to be built across the state, with a new Whyalla 7-12 secondary school also opening in 2022.