The government will put forward an expression of interest calling for education sites and trade industries to take the lead in establishing a new technical college in Adelaide’s western suburbs.
The new college will be heavily engaged with defence, shipbuilding and other maritime industries to maximise benefits for students and the industry.
The focus for the courses offered at the college may include:
- engineering (mechanical and fabrication)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- electro-technology (electrical, data communications and A/C refrigeration)
- ICT incorporating programming/coding, cyber security and virtual reality
- automotive (heavy and light vehicle, auto-electrical).
Location of the college will be a key consideration, particularly the need to be situated near a diverse range of business and industry sites.
The government will be exploring options to use either an existing school, develop a new college site or use an existing non-school site.
The formal expression of interest process will run for three months.