The 2019 school year commences today, with an estimated 271,000 students attending schools across the state this year.
This year also sees an estimated 17,000 preschool enrolments across the state’s 404 preschools.
Adelaide Botanic High School becomes the newest addition to the state’s 513 public schools as it opens its doors to Year 8 and 9 students for the first time today.
Estimated numbers for the 2019 school year include:
- 176,000 public school students (114,400 in primary school, 61,600 in high school)
- 13,500 public reception students starting their school journey
- 513 public schools across South Australia
- 350 students beginning at Adelaide Botanic High (Years 8 and 9)
- 17,000 preschool enrolments across 404 preschools
- 30,000 public educators and support staff
- 95,000 students attending catholic and independent schools, supported by 13,200 educators and staff