Schools and preschools are uniquely positioned to support children and young people to develop the knowledge, capabilities, values and dispositions to succeed in an increasingly complex and connected world.
The vision and goals of the International Education Strategy 2019 to 2029 (PDF 1MB) set out the 10-year aspirations for international education in South Australia. The strategy puts in motion the first steps to achieve those aspirations.
A world-class public education system that empowers children and young people to study, live and work as global citizens.
Intercultural understanding and international mindedness are part of every child and young person’s learning.
- collaborate with partners, including the SACE Board, to curate and promote resources for educators to embed intercultural understanding and international mindedness within the curriculum
- invest in online tools and tailored supports so that leaders can implement international and intercultural practices in schools and preschools over time, in a way that suits local circumstances
- provide targeted funding to support international learning experiences for students.
High-quality and sustainable international student programs.
- establish a fund to support a broader range of government schools to welcome international students
- promote the benefits of South Australian government schools in key markets
- support stronger connections between international and local students.
International relationships support our students, staff and system to engage globally.
- ensure that diplomatic and trade agreements support South Australia’s education agenda
- invest in the exchange of knowledge and expertise with other countries
- coordinate and develop commercial activity that supports our education priorities.
Government Relations and Policy
Phone: 8226 3988
Email: Education.InternationalStrategy [at] sa.gov.au