On this page
As part of our plan to build world-class education in South Australia, we are developing a new digital strategy that will outline the department’s digital approach over the coming years.
The new strategy will replace the existing Delivering Digital 2016 to 2020 digital technology strategy.
The digital strategy will:
- set a clear vision for using digital technology across our education system
- outline how we use digital technology to maximise student learning
- outline how we can prepare children to learn, live and work in a digitally driven world.
The digital strategy will focus on 6 key themes:
- ensure we have the right digital foundations in place
- build strategic, leadership and people capability
- support digital adoption, integration and innovation for teaching and learning
- provide appropriate ICT support in schools and preschools
- modernise workplaces for business operations
- improve access to data and platforms and improve data literacy.
The digital strategy will touch on all parts of the public education system, including schools, preschools, as well as corporate offices.
Following consultation with more than 2000 staff, parents and community members, 6 key themes have emerged which will inform the key actions in our new digital strategy.
These key themes are:
- ensuring we have the right digital foundations
- building strategic, leadership and people capability
- digital adoption, integration and innovation for teaching and learning
- appropriate ICT support in schools
- workplace modernisation for business operations
- data and platforms.
We are now further exploring the themes with key stakeholders to identify the key actions that will be included in our digital strategy.
To develop the strategy, we are consulting with a broad range of people including school leaders, teachers, students, parents, and corporate staff. We want a strategy designed for and by schools, teachers, students, parents and our corporate staff.
During the design stage, the digital strategy project team has been consulting with a broad range of key stakeholders through:
- state-wide survey
- case studies
- interviews and discussions.
Email: education.digitalstrategy [at] sa.gov.au