Explore the science by blowing bubbles. These links give lots of learning activities families can do with bubbles.
Structure and features
Bubbles can be magical and fun for children to play with and learn about. These are links to books, science ideas, art activities and more to help keep children active and interested in learning about bubbles.
- Bubble blowing
- Bubble trouble by Margaret Mahy (book)
- Peppa Pig — Bubbles (full episode)
- Making bubbles (bubble mix recipe)
- How to make amazing square bubbles (STEM Activities for kids: make tensile bubbles)
- Bubble activities for children
- This bubble artist's amazing bubble skills will blow you away
Share these links with families to help expand children’s thinking as they explore, engage, ask questions and share their thoughts about bubbles.
Teachers might want to create kits to help families with the 'how to make amazing square bubbles' link and ask families to record the different kind of bubbles children created. Children can create stories about their special bubbles and record them through digital technologies to share with teachers and friends.
- scientific thinking
Learning Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators