On this page
Family practitioners work alongside vulnerable families and children. They support parents to better understand and respond to their child’s needs.
Family practitioners work with parents, centre staff and other organisations to help families find relevant services to maintain safe, caring and resilient relationships.
Family practitioners aim to:
- create local networks of families, services and supports
- help parents understand how important relationships are for children
- support parents to improve their early childhood development skills and knowledge
- encourage families to get involved in their community
- connect families with learning, health and support services.
Family practitioners can provide short-term counselling for families to help support the development of parent-child relationships.
Counselling can help with:
- domestic violence
- drug and alcohol problems
- mental health
- follow up and advocacy.
Children's centres team
Phone: 8226 2831
Email: Education.ChildrensCentres [at] sa.gov.au