Children’s centres and children and family centres bring together interdisciplinary teams with a range of professional expertise, knowledge and responsibilities underpinned by a shared commitment that children and families will experience seamless service delivery.
The leadership team shares leadership responsibilities and takes on collective responsibility for integrated service delivery.
The leadership team will:
- contribute to the development of a centre vision and values
- monitor, report and contribute to the achievement of the National Quality Standard requirements
- develop program and service priorities based on the centre vision, advice from the parent engagement group on any service gaps and the outcomes framework (PDF 140 KB)
- develop and consider program proposals and provide advice to the partnership group and governing council on agreed proposals
- develop strategies for encouraging broad community participation and engagement based on advice from the parent engagement group
- consider and resolve operational issues including staffing and facilities matters
- coordinate the use of facilities in line with the vision, outcomes framework (PDF 140 KB) and advice from the parent engagement group
- monitor service outcomes and provide advice to continuously improve services
- share strategies and responses for individual children and families and program and practice directions and highlights
- determine and provide common training and professional development
- undertake data collection, monitoring and reporting on agreed outcomes
- share and analyse relevant data and research, including the Australian early development census (AEDC)
- coordinate grant applications and potential resources to achieve outcome priorities
- develop use of facilities agreements as required
- provide representation on the partnership, regional planning and parent engagement groups.
Membership of the leadership team consists of:
- centre director or head of school early years
- community development coordinator
- allied health staff (if appointed)
- family services coordinator (if appointed).
And may include:
- a preschool staff member
- school principal
- assistant director (if appointed).
In the first instance, the centre director or head of school early years will chair the group. The group can then elect a chair.
The leadership team meets as frequently as needed, but at least 12 times per year.
Children's centres team
Phone: 8226 3845
Email: Education.ChildrensCentres [at] sa.gov.au