The partnership group brings disciplines and agencies to work together by providing integrated services organised around the child and family, while maintaining reporting and accountability responsibilities to their own agency.
The partnership group plans and provides integrated strategies and directions that support the achievement of outcomes for children and families within the centre.
The partnership group will:
- develop the centre vision and values and approach to integrated services in collaboration with all other governing groups
- coordinate agency activities and the mix of appropriate services based on community strengths and needs and identified priorities of the outcomes framework (PDF 140 KB), in consultation with the governing council
- establish and monitor family and community consultation and participation
- ensure that research evidence and best practice underpin advice and directions
- consider reports on all programs, monitor service outcomes and provide advice to continuously improve services
- contribute to and endorse the centre outcomes framework (PDF 140 KB) planning
- identify opportunities for collaborative action and share relevant agency policies and practices between key stakeholders.
The partnership group may provide representation on the regional planning and parent engagement group and governing council.
Partnership group membership consists of:
- representatives from participating agencies and service providers that may include non-government organisations, adult education providers, Australian Government, local government and community representatives
- representatives from the leadership team and parent engagement group
- representatives from the governing council and children’s centres team
- the early childhood leader.
In the first instance, the centre director or head of school early years will chair the group.
The group can then elect a chair from one of the key government partner agencies. The community development coordinator will perform the role of executive officer.
The partnership group meets as frequently as needed and no less than 4 times a year.
Children's centres team
Phone: 8226 2439
Email: Education.ChildrensCentres [at] sa.gov.au