This information outlines the process for OSHC services when reporting incidents that are notifiable to the:
- South Australian Department for Education
- Education Standards Board (ESB or the Board)
- Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
The process for reporting incidents on your site where there is a third party provider is different.
- OSHC Director notifies principal and school/governing council.
- Principal lodges report on Incident Response Management System (IRMS) within 12 hours.
- The school or governing council is responsible for ensuring that the service completes the incident form available from the National Quality Agenda IT System (NQAITS) public portal. The form is required to be submitted to the Education Standards Board within 24 hours of the incident.
- A copy of the incident form is to be provided to the Department of Education and Training by fax on 02 6123 6987 or via saccb [at] education.gov.au.
When reporting complaints you should follow the service grievance or complaints policy.
The OSHC director reports complaints to the principal and school or governing council.
The complainant can visit the feedback and complaints page if they wish to contact the Education Complaint unit
They can also contact the Education Standards Board
The school or governing council is responsible for ensuring the service notifies the Education Standards Board where relevant, using the complaint form available from the National Quality Agenda IT System (NQAITS) public portal.
Out of school hours care unit
Phone: 8226 6427
Email: Education.oshc [at] sa.gov.au