Planning is underway at Blackwood High School for their Building Better Schools upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Blackwood High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Removing outdated learning areas and replacing them with a new building containing a number of learning areas, a commercial kitchen, canteen, conference room and change room facilities with toilets.
- Modifying and refurbishing buildings to create learning areas that can be connected through operable walls, to provide flexible learning areas depending on class size.
- Refurbishments for the administration/reception area and middle school learning spaces.
- The removal of 6 old transportable buildings unsuitable for contemporary learning.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Building better Schools
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au