Some South Australian Government schools and preschools offer their premises for community use.
The following community groups may be eligible to use South Australian Government school or preschool premises:
- community organisations, including sport and recreational groups
- local councils
- education and training providers
- not-for-profit groups.
Spaces may be used for:
- community meetings
- shared use of library or resource centre
- shared use of sporting facilities
- working bees.
Check the community use of school facilities instructions (PDF 1.9MB) to ensure that you are eligible and for guidance on safety, security, suitability and insurance considerations.
Schools and preschools may choose to set a fee for hiring their premises. Contact the school for more details.
- Contact the school to organise using their facilities.
- Work with the school to develop a formal agreement. Agreements can be once-off arrangements, or for terms up to 12 months.
- The principal or director, and the hirer will need to complete the agreement form (PDF 243KB) prior to hire of the facilities.
Asset Support Centre
Phone: 1800 810 076
Email: Education.asc [at] sa.gov.au