To support the Carbon Neutral Adelaide Action Plan the department is implementing a range of projects that enable schools in the defined carbon neutral zone to work towards achieving the low carbon schools criteria. The following schools are being targeted in the pilot:
• Sturt Street Community School
• Gilles Street Primary School
• North Adelaide Primary School
The 2017/2018 pilot will involve various projects at these sites with a focus on reducing carbon emissions and creating ownership at a site level. Projects will include:
- energy audits
- a trial of building management equipment to track the following and provide an online portal for the schools to access:
- electricity consumption (kWh)
- gas consumption (MJ)
- water consumption (kL)
- solar PV generation (kWh)
- waste/resource audits to identify improvements to achieve reductions in waste to landfill and resource.
The pilot project will provide the basis for the Low Carbon Strategy to be rolled out across South Australia.
Asset Policy and Environmental Resources
Phone: 8226 0091
Email: education.Environment [at] sa.gov.au