Planning is underway at Grant High School for their Building Better Schools upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Grant High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Removing all aged transportable buildings with asbestos.
- Constructing a two-level building with a gymnasium, performing arts facility and canteen.
- The new gymnasium includes a full sized basketball court, marked areas for multiple sports, learning areas, change rooms and will double as a place for holding assemblies and performances.
- The performing arts facilities will be purpose designed with a strong focus on music studies.
- The new canteen will sit alongside a new student courtyard hub with covered outdoor areas for individual and group study.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au