Planning is underway at John Pirie Secondary School for their Building Better Schools upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for John Pirie Secondary School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- New modern facilities using contemporary design principles to create a more engaging middle school precinct. The design features flexible indoor and outdoor learning areas and dedicated spaces to support alternate learning and intervention programs.
- Refurbishing and extending existing drama rooms to create a state-of-the art facility for drama and music.
- Improvements to the building’s exterior to create a more dynamic street presence.
- Removing asbestos and transportable buildings.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au