Planning is underway at Seaton High School for their Building Better Schools upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Seaton High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Demolishing transportables and replacing them with modern learning areas.
- New learning areas adjacent to the two-storey building at the western end of the school. This location will help concentrate student activity in a more centralised area within the school.
- Refurbishing existing facilities to create a new arts/music/drama precinct and more flexible learning areas.
- A new student hub containing the resource centre and flexible learning and breakout spaces to open up the front of the school improving its street aspect.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au