Planning is underway at Unley High School for their Building Better Schools upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Unley High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Building a new two-storey contemporary learning hub for teaching arts, design, digital technologies, science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), and to house a commercial kitchen for hospitality work.
- A new reception area to be located on Kitchener Street.
- A new covered outdoor learning area with an amphitheatre, landscaping, seating and shade structure.
- Refurbishing the existing gymnasium and removing transportable buildings containing asbestos.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au