Initial concept plans for the capital works at Christies Beach High School for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Christies Beach High School are:
- Redeveloping three buildings to provide modern learning environments and provide additional capacity for the year 7 transition to high school. This includes refurbishment of the two levels of Senior School Science, Humanities and the re-located Resource Centre on the first level, as well as Student Services, Reception and Administration including a new Entry Foyer on the ground level. It also includes refurbishment of the ground floor of a building to accommodate the relocation of year 9 students and the refurbishment of the ground floor of another building to accommodate Art studies.
- Upgrading of the front of the school to improve street appeal and presence within the Noarlunga Regional Centre, including landscaping to create a pedestrian plaza and upgrade of the south façade of the main building to include the removal of the concrete awnings and the attachment of a decorative skin of mesh and translucent panels.
- A seismic upgrade to a building, including additional steel bracing.
- Formalisation of additional staff carparks and installation of external lighting.
- Demolition of aged infrastructure.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Flightpath Architects Pty Ltd
Pike Constructions Pty Ltd
Capital Works Project Delivery team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au