Initial concept plans for the capital works at Gawler and District College B-12 for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Gawler and District College B-12 are:
- Construction of a new special education building for incorporating 2 learning areas plus withdrawal spaces, teacher preparation and accessible amenities.
- Construction of 2 new buildings and covered assembly point incorporating 2 dance areas, performance stage, physical education office and amenities.
- Construction of a new ‘parent portal’ building incorporating administration offices, reception/lobby area and amenities.
- Creation of a new main entrance area improving street presence.
- Removing aged transportable buildings and asbestos.
- Refurbishing the administration facility, student support areas and general learning areas.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Capital Works Project Delivery team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au