Initial concept plans for the capital works at John Pirie Secondary School for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for John Pirie Secondary School are:
- extension and refurbishment of the Powerhouse Theatre to provide additional flexible performance and music learning spaces, with improved street presence and public entrance for school performances
- construction of 2 new middle school buildings with flexible general and serviced learning spaces, teacher preparation, withdrawal rooms and storage
- refurbished learning spaces to provide an improved inclusive education unit location incorporating a new special options class
- landscaping to new and refurbished areas
- a new car park with disability access parking
- demolition of ageing infrastructure.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Totalspace Design Ltd
McMahon Services Australia
Capital Works Project Delivery Team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au