Initial concept plans for the capital works at Mount Compass Area School for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Mount Compass Area School are:
- A new administration building with reception area, offices, meeting rooms, staff room, storage areas and staff amenities.
- A new resource centre building with student services, sick room, offices and storage areas as well as home economics, canteen, teacher preparation and storage areas.
- A new technology studies and art building with general learning spaces, teacher preparation, storage areas, student and staff amenities.
- A new classroom building with two general learning spaces and teacher preparation.
- A defined entrance to the school linked to the new administration building to provide street presence.
- Appropriate disability access to facilities.
- Demolition of ageing infrastructure.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Cook Building and Development
Capital Works Project Delivery team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au