Planning is underway at Balaklava High School for their upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Balaklava High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Building flexible learning areas for collaborative team work, small group work and individual work, which will replace 3 aged limited-use transportable buildings.
- A new arts facility with teacher preparation spaces, extra learning areas and student amenities.
- Eight new general learning areas as part of a new learning areas facility.
- Improving the existing change room facilities adjacent to the gymnasium.
- A small extension to the existing home economics building to provide better kitchen facilities.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au