Planning is underway at Christies Beach High School for their upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Christies Beach High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Extensive redevelopment of the school’s original main two-storey building. This includes re-establishing the building as part of the main entrance to the school, with a landscaped forecourt, façade improvements and a new entrance structure.
- A new covered outdoor learning area and a resurfaced playing court adjacent to the gymnasium.
- A new contemporary visual arts space to be incorporated with the new science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) facilities.
- Integrating the resource centre into the student hub.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au