Planning is underway at Cummins Area School for their upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Cummins Area School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Demolishing a number of aged buildings and sheds.
- Constructing a new art and technical studies building in a centralised location within the school. This will be closely linked to new science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) facilities, which will also be expanded.
- Refurbishment of the existing home economics area within the school’s two-storey learning area.
- Paving and landscaping to improve the overall aesthetics of the school.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au