Planning is underway at Heathfield High School for their Building Better Schools upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Heathfield High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Extending the school’s main building with a covered entry way and a new administration/student support building fronting the street.
- Refurbishing the main building to include new learning spaces and specialist areas.
- Refurbishing the library to complement recently completed science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) facilities.
- Upgrades to art, media and design spaces.
- Establishing a new health and lifestyle centre featuring exercise areas and food technology suites.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au