Planning is underway at Kingston Community School for their upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Kingston Community School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- A new student learning precinct with 8 general learning areas, 2 studios, breakout and common areas, teacher preparation spaces and student toilets.
- A new food technology and textiles studio in the existing senior school technology hub. The new studio will feature a covered outdoor workshop and second outdoor area for art, design and science.
- Refurbishing the reception area and junior school learning areas.
- Removal of 6 transportable buildings no longer suitable for modern learning.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au