Planning is underway at Underdale High School for their upgrade.
Plans are being considered and reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Underdale High School are:
- Additional learning areas for capacity where required.
- Demolishing transportable buildings, older buildings and sheds, and replacing them with new purpose-designed facilities. This includes new facilities for performing and creative arts, design technologies, general learning areas, the canteen, and student and staff services.
- A new covered outdoor learning area to run north/south and connect the new performing and creative arts areas, canteen, gymnasium facility and school services.
- Refurbishing remaining learning spaces to create common central areas in line with contemporary education practices, and provide outdoor covered learning spaces that enhance learning opportunities.
- Removing asbestos from retained buildings.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Major School Upgrades Team
Phone: 8226 6560
Email: education.BuildingBetterSchools [at] sa.gov.au