Initial concept plans for the capital works at Underdale High School for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Underdale High School are:
- New performing arts building combining music and drama areas, performance space for 150 people with partially retractable seating. It will also include a canteen and classrooms.
- New two storey administrative building adjacent to student services.
- An upgrade of the main school entry and refurbishment of reception, administrative areas, staff room and amenities.
- Refurbishment of general learning areas, including a textiles space.
- Refurbishment to create four science laboratories and general learning areas with teacher preparation, breakout spaces and a uniform shop.
- Refurbishment of the home economics building and the technology building.
- An extension to the gymnasium to house specialist performance equipment.
- An extension and reconfiguring of the automotive building to accommodate metal work.
- Demolition of ageing infrastructure.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Russell and Yelland Pty Ltd
Watpac Constructions Pty Ltd
Capital Works Project Delivery team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au