Initial concept plans for the capital works at Underdale High School for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Underdale High School are:
- new performing arts building combining music and drama areas, performance space for 150 people with partially retractable seating. It will also include a canteen and classrooms
- new 2 storey administrative building adjacent to student services
- an upgrade of the main school entry and refurbishment of reception, administrative areas, staff room and amenities
- refurbishment of general learning areas, including a textiles space
- refurbishment to create four science laboratories and general learning areas with teacher preparation, breakout spaces and a uniform shop
- refurbishment of the home economics building and the technology building
- an extension to the gymnasium to house specialist performance equipment
- an extension and reconfiguring of the automotive building to accommodate metal work
- demolition of ageing infrastructure.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Russell and Yelland Pty Ltd
Watpac Constructions Pty Ltd
Capital Works Project Delivery Team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au