Initial concept plans for the capital works at Wirreanda Secondary School for their upgrade have been released.
Plans have been reviewed in line with the transition of year 7 into high school by 2022.
Among the upgrades being considered for Wirreanda Secondary School are:
- New modular buildings providing 16 new learning areas connected with undercover walkways and landscaped courtyards.
- Refurbishment of technical studies, home economics, and art and design classrooms.
- Refurbishment of an existing gymnasium to create a new performing arts centre, and an upgrade of drama and music spaces.
- Refurbishment of existing spaces to provide a new secondary special class for year 7s.
- Internal refurbishment and minor extension to the administration and reception area.
- Refurfacing of exisitng courts.
- Demolition of ageing infrastructure.
These plans are subject to further consideration and may change.
Wiltshire Swain Pty Ltd
FDC Construction and Fitout
Capital Works Project Delivery team
Phone: 8226 1172
Email: education.capitalprograms [at] sa.gov.au