On this page
A new birth to year 12 (B-12) school will be built in Aldinga to accommodate up to 1675 students, including 1500 students, 100 inclusive places for students with a disability and a 75 place children's centre.
The new school will be located along Port Road in Aldinga and delivered as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) project.
Following a comprehensive procurement process, TESA Education comprising of Tetris Capital, Dutch Infrastructure Fund, Sarah Construction and ISS Services has been awarded the contract to construct and maintain the new school.
Key features of the design include:
- a modern and contemporary learning environment with strong connections between internal and external learning spaces
- a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) studies to educate students for jobs of the future
- integration and connection, providing unique learning and teaching environments for children, students and staff from birth all the way up to year 12
- design to allow community use, creating an inclusive and accessible hub
- expansive outdoor facilities designed for community use outside of school hours, including courts, an open gymnasium and sporting fields
- a 300-seat performing arts centre and an entrepreneurial hub
- Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles that meet a 5-green star rating.
Construction started in early 2020 and the school is scheduled to open in term 1, 2022.
We have consulted with school staff about the new school’s zones, as well as changes to the zones of nearby existing schools.
New Schools Project Team
Phone: 8226 1037
Email: Education.NewSchools [at] sa.gov.au