On this page
Construction of a new birth to year 12 (B-12) school in Angle Vale is underway. The school will accommodate up to 1500 students, 100 inclusive places for students with a disability and a 75 place children's centre.
The new school is located along Riverbanks Road in Angle Vale and is being delivered as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) project.
Following a comprehensive procurement process, TESA Education comprising of Tetris Capital, Dutch Infrastructure Fund, Sarah Construction and ISS Services was awarded the contract to construct and maintain the new school.
The new Angle Vale school will be named Riverbanks College B-12.
The name was selected following consultation with the local community. The community was asked to vote for their favourite shortlisted name or suggest other school names via a survey as part of this exciting step towards the opening of the new school. We would like to thank the community for contributing to the naming process.
The new school will open with progressive enrolments from 2022 (preschool to year 8).
For students wishing to apply to enrol in 2022, applications will open in term 1, 2021.
For public primary school families starting secondary school in 2022, your primary school will provide you a link to your child’s online form to register your interest for high school. Find out more about enrolment in public schools.
View the school’s new school zones and local preschool catchment.
To assist the school manage enrolment demand, progressive enrolments and the shared primary zone specific enrolment criteria and capacity management processes are under development with the department. Further information will be provided in the coming months.
The new Angle Vale B-12 School will be an addition to the existing schools in the area when it opens in 2022, not a replacement. No local government schools will close when the new school opens. The new school is intended to cater for the projected enrolment demand coming from strong population growth in the area.
The new school design combines world-class education and community inclusion, with many school spaces available for community use outside of school hours.
Key features of the design include:
- a modern and contemporary learning environment with strong connections between internal and external learning spaces
- a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) studies to educate students for jobs of the future
- integration and connection, providing unique learning and teaching environments for children, students and staff from birth all the way up to year 12
- design to allow community use, creating an inclusive and accessible hub
- expansive outdoor facilities designed for community use outside of school hours, including courts, an open gymnasium and sporting fields that can be used by the community
- a 300-seat performing arts centre and an entrepreneurial hub, also designed for community use
- Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles that meet a 5-green star rating.
Construction started in early 2020 and the school is scheduled to open in term 1, 2022.
Joe Priolo, former principal of Salisbury East High School, has been appointed to lead the new school. Joe’s passion for building a culture of excellence and equity in education, as well as community connection, will put the new Angle Vale school in great hands.
We have consulted with school staff and the public about the new school’s zones, as well as changes to the zones of nearby existing schools.
New Schools Project Team
Phone: 8226 1037
Email: Education.NewSchools [at] sa.gov.au