On this page
The 10th National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence is on Friday 20 March 2020.
The theme is ‘Take action together’.
In South Australia, this means taking a community approach to bullying prevention within the school gates and beyond.
To celebrate the 10 year anniversary, the Department for Education is providing grants to community organisations to promote bullying prevention for children and young people in community settings.
The grants give your community organisation the opportunity to:
- promote bullying prevention initiatives
- raise awareness of how to prevent and respond to bullying
- showcase your organisation’s bullying prevention work
- highlight steps your organisation takes to create an inclusive environment where children and young people are safe from bullying
- share how your organisation takes action and empowers children and young people, families and the community to be part of the solution
- send a clear message that bullying is not accepted within your organisation and community.
Up to $5,000 is available to community organisations providing services to children and young people to:
- promote your organisation’s bullying prevention initiatives
- further develop your organisation’s capacity to prevent and respond to bullying
- promote a community approach to bullying prevention.
Applications close Friday 6 March 2020.
We will let you know the outcome of your application by Wednesday 18 March 2020.
The successful applicants will be publicly announced on 20 March 2020.
You must use your grant by 31 December 2020.
Your activity must address children’s peer to peer bullying.
- Activities for children and young people, parents and carers in community settings to promote bullying prevention.
- A community event to raise awareness of bullying prevention.
- Bullying prevention activities led by children and young people.
- Activities for children and young people that promote respectful relationships.
- Information sessions for parents and carers about how to spot the signs of cyberbullying and support their child.
- Developing and/or promoting a bullying prevention policy or strategy for your organisation.
- Professional development for staff and/or volunteers in your organisation about how to prevent and respond to bullying.
- Purchasing bullying prevention resources for your organisation.
Engagement and Wellbeing
Email: education.engagementandwellbeing [at] sa.gov.au