On this page
Register by 26 October 2018 to host a Parents in Education (PiE) Week viewing of a recorded version of one or more the program seminars.
Join around 60 preschools and schools who have hosted a livestreamed seminar or are registered to host a recorded viewing.
Government, Catholic and Independent preschools and schools can register to host a local viewing of one or more of the Parents in Education Week seminars. Locally hosted viewings can either be a livestream of a seminar, or viewing of a recorded seminar can take place from 10 September up to 30 November 2018.
Hosting a local viewing of these seminars can be part of your preschool or school’s planned calendar of parent engagement events for the year.
Local viewings can be delivered in collaboration with other local preschools, schools or community organisations and hosted at your location of choosing.
Hosting a local viewing event provides the opportunity for parents and staff to:
- hear expert speakers present information about behaviours for learning and wellbeing, bullying and living in a digital world
- view recorded seminars on demand until November 2018
- hear the information unpacked by the host in ways that can help parents understand what this looks like at your preschool/school
- have a translator present
- share ideas about ways they could try some of what they have heard.
Information packs are available to help you host a seminar viewing event. The following downloads will help you manage your event and promotions:
This document provides overarching event planning information, including audience registration, promotion and organising tips. It also provides IT capability information.
This checklist provides some tips for a successful viewing on the day, including set up, welcoming guests and what to do after your seminar
The sign in sheet can be printed off and used at your viewing to capture attendee information. It should be emailed to Parent Engagement 1 week after your event.
This template includes the Parents in Education Week branding, byline and sponsor logos which can be used in your promotions.
Your feedback is important to us. We use this information to help us:
- choose topics that parents want to know more about
- choose speakers that are experts in their field
- make the event accessible to as many parents as possible in ways that suit you
- provide relevant information about what parents can do to support children’s learning and education.
Your feedback can be emailed to Education.ParentEngagement [at] sa.gov.au.
Parents in Education Week
Phone: 8226 3156
Email: education.ParentEngagement [at] sa.gov.au