On this page
If you volunteer at one of our schools, preschools or children’s centres, you’ll be doing good and feeling good. If you’re passionate about education and helping children and young people, we’re the place for you. To apply you need to contact the site you want to help.
Feel healthy and happy
Just a few hours volunteering with us can mean that you:
- feel happier
- feel valued and appreciated
- have fun
- improve your physical and mental health.
Volunteering with us is a fun and easy way to explore your interests. You might:
- learn new skills and improve existing ones
- build your confidence
- get valuable work experience
- become more job-ready.
Our volunteers can help bring a community together. It can allow you to connect to your community and make it a better place. You can:
- make friends
- meet new people
- be a positive role model for children and young people
- create many happy new memories.
Extra help from volunteers makes a real difference. It can help children and young people:
- develop an enjoyment of learning
- reach their full potential
- discover other cultures and interests
- gain real-life skills and healthy lifestyle habits
- be curious about the world around them
- build confidence and self-worth.
It can help children to:
- enjoy books and reading
- feel good about things like music and art
- discover a love for maths and numbers
- have fun and feel happy
- feel more confident when doing activities like sports.
It can help young people to:
- feel enthusiastic about learning areas like science, technology, engineering and maths
- develop leadership skills
- talk and think about future goals
- build their communication and friendships
- develop time management and planning skills.
To apply to volunteer, contact the site you want to help
Look for the children’s centre, preschool or school you want to volunteer with.
Volunteers – Engagement and Wellbeing directorate
Phone: 8226 3795
Email: education.volunteers [at] sa.gov.au