The Adelaide Flute Ensemble is an ensemble of SA government school students of the flute in years 10 to 12. It provides opportunities to perform in concerts and at high profile venues.
This ensemble consists of up to 15 players and offers access to the piccolo as well as alto, bass and contrabass flutes.
The ensemble enables students to undertake Music Performance – Ensemble as a SACE Stage 2 subject.
All flute students in SA government schools, years 10 to 12 in 2020 are eligible to apply. Entry to the ensemble is by audition. The standard required is beyond intermediate level (2 or more years learning).
The audition takes approximately 10 minutes.
Applicants should prepare to present:
- Scales, to be played at quaver = 60-80:
- any major scale of your choice, ascending and descending in one breath
- any major scale of your choice, with 3 or more sharps or flats in the key signature
- a chromatic scale descending to the lowest note in your range.
- One piece of your own choice that demonstrates technical and musical ability at your current level, considering these elements:
- of at least three minutes in length
- demonstrates contrast in style, tempo, register, or rhythm.
- Sight reading, provided at the audition.
Use this online form to book an audition.
Auditions are on Wednesday November 27, 2019, 4.30pm to 6.00pm at the Klemzig Instrumental Music Office, 28 Hay Street, Klemzig.
All applicants must print and complete the student ensemble application form (PDF 194KB) and bring it to the audition. You must complete all fields.
Members are expected to:
- participate in all programmed performances and events
- engage positively with the entire team
- attend rehearsals and learn music for performances
- cover the costs of membership, including providing suitable clothing.
Rehearsals start week 3 of term 1 2020. Rehearsals are every Tuesday from 4.30pm to 6.00pm at the Klemzig Instrumental Music Office, 28 Hay Street Klemzig.
Members are expected to learn the music before rehearsals. If needed, they should ask their instrumental music teacher for help.
If a member can't attend a rehearsal, they should let the conductor know via phone or email.
Rehearsal and performance uniforms
Members should wear school uniform to rehearsals.
For performances, members must wear respectful black clothes (including shoes and socks) with a splash of colour, suitable for public performance in prestigious venues.
The membership fee is $55 per year.
Instrumental Music Leader, Learning Pathways
Phone: 0458 185 152
Email: Education.Ensembles669 [at] schools.sa.edu.au