To become an assistant swimming and aquatics instructor with the Department for Education you must do the following things.
Complete the following checklist and forms electronically, or print and complete:
- assistant instructor application checklist (PDF 34KB)
- Swimming and Aquatics application form (PDF 680KB)
- health declaration (PDF 405KB) (must be witnessed by a Justice of the Peace).
You must provide evidence that you are at least 16 years old and have completed:
- the Responding To Abuse And Neglect – education and care (RAN-EC) training (renewed every 3 years)
- a child related employment screening for Swimming and Aquatics (renewed every 3 years).
Completed applications should be sent to:
EducationSwimAquatics [at] sa.gov.au
Swimming and Aquatics unit
GPO Box 1604
Adelaide SA 5001
Application processing may take up to 6 weeks.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a letter informing you that you are eligible to work as an assistant instructor or instructor.
You need to be at least 18 years old to be work as an instructor.
Water safety team
Phone: 8416 5920
Fax: 8115 5558
Email: Educationswimaquatics [at] sa.gov.au