On this page
The following pages (see links below) outline the sports, dates, costs and link to nominate for School Sport SA knockout competitions in 2019.
• 2019 cricket competitions – nominations have closed
• 2019 term 1 competitions – nominations have closed
• 2019 term 2 and 3 competitions – nominations due Wednesday 13 March (term 1, week 7)
• 2019 term 3 and 4 competitions – nominations due Wednesday 12 June (term 2, week 7)
• instructions for filling in nomination forms for knockout competitions (PDF 95KB)
The sports and competitions page will help you find the draws and rules for your sport. Draws will be available on the specific sport pages once nominations have closed. Schools will negotiate appropriate times to play. Competitions will only proceed if enough nominations are received.
Each school has the duty of care responsibility of their students who take part in knockout competitions. Please make sure that the department policies and procedures are followed.
- Students in year 6 or 7 in 2019
- Students in year 8 or 9 in 2019
- Students in year 10 in 2019
- Open age – under 20 on 1 January 2019
Combine schools – year 6 and 7 competitions
To be eligible for a combine schools’ team, the combine school enrolments for years 4 to 7 must be under 180 students. The team is to compete in the small schools division.
A combine schools request form (Word 125KB) must be filled in, signed by all schools and submitted prior to nominations closing for that sport.
- For year 6 and 7 competitions $11 (inc GST) per team.
- For year 8 and 9 competition, year 10 competitions and open competition nomination fee of $5.20 (inc GST) per head for the number of players (excluding reserves) in a team for that sport.
- Country schools are exempt from knockout fees (including finals fees). Where possible, School Sport SA will subsidise the travel cost of country schools playing in the finals.
- The fee for all metro secondary (year 8 and above) teams who participate in finals is $40.
For all schools:
- Minor round forfeit fee - $55 (inc GST) per team
- Finals forfeit fee - $110 (inc GST) per team
- Late nominating fee - $22 (inc GST) per team.
The sports and competitions page will help you find the draws and rules for the specific sports. Draws will be available on the specific sports pages once nominations have closed.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au