On this page
Due to COVID-19 all School Sport SA events and activities are cancelled at this point in time.
The following pages (see links below) outline the sports, dates, costs and link to nominate for School Sport SA statewide schools competitions in 2020.
- 2020 years 8 to 12 cricket competitions – nominations have closed
- term 1, 2020 competitions – nominations have closed
- term 3, 2020 competitions – nominations have closed
- term 4, 2020 competitions – nominations have closed
- instructions and general rules for filling in nomination forms for statewide schools competitions (PDF 497KB).
The sports and competitions page will help you find the draws and rules for your sport. Draws will be available on the specific sport pages once nominations have closed. Schools will negotiate appropriate times to play. Competitions will only proceed if enough nominations are received.
Each school has the duty of care responsibility of their students who take part in statewide schools competitions. Please make sure that the department policies and procedures are followed.
- Students in year 6 or 7 in 2020
- Students in year 8 or 9 in 2020
- Students in year 10 in 2020
- Open age – under 20 on 1 January 2020
Year 6 and 7 player request
The School Sport Team must approve any year 5 students or 14 year olds competing in year 6 and 7 statewide school competition teams.
To request approval, fill out the player request form (DOCX 126KB) and email it to Education.SchoolSportSA [at] sa.gov.au.
A combine schools request form (Word 126KB) must be filled in, signed by all schools and submitted prior to nominations closing for that sport.
Year 6 and 7 competitions
Year 6 and 7 combine teams are only permitted in the small schools competition. To be eligible for a combine schools’ team, the combine school enrolments for years 4 to 7 must be under 180 students.
Years 8 to 12 competitions
Each request will be considered on its merit.
- For year 6 and 7 competitions $11 (including GST) per team.
- For year 8 and 9 competition, year 10 competitions and open competition nomination fee of $5.50 (including GST) per head for the number of players (excluding reserves) in a team for that sport.
- Country schools are exempt from statewide schools competition fees (including finals fees). Where possible, School Sport SA will subsidise the travel cost of country schools playing in the finals.
- The fee for all metro secondary (year 8 and above) teams who participate in finals is $40.
For all schools:
- Minor round forfeit fee - $55 (including GST) per team
- Finals forfeit fee - $110 (including GST) per team
- Late nominating fee - $22 (including GST) per team.
The sports and competitions page will help you find the draws and rules for the specific sports. Draws will be available on the specific sports pages once nominations have closed.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au