On this page
The Wellbeing and Engagement Census is designed to be a suite of services to support schools and school systems identify the needs of students and have information that helps them engage with children and their communities to plan practical responses.
We are very focussed on quality, scientific rigour, privacy protection, and harm minimisation. To that end we provide a suite of integrated services from refining the instrument to suit the needs of particular partners, development and implementation of privacy protecting protocols, data collection and management and report development and publication.
The WEC provides you with evidence collected directly from students to monitor, guide and help build their wellbeing, acknowledging the growing recognition of how measuring student wellbeing helps to build the social-emotional and self-regulation skills they will need in adult life.
Our approach is to work in partnership with education systems to provide a suite of integrated services from refining the instrument to suit the needs of particular partners, development and implementation of privacy protecting protocols, data collection and management and report development and publication.
Quality, scientific rigour and harm minimisation have all been factored into the development of the products and services that we provide.
The Department for Education has extensive experience working with governments, education systems and schools. Our approach is to work in partnership with education systems to provide a service to measure wellbeing and engagement in a manner appropriate to the needs of each provider. To that end, we offer the following services:
- The wellbeing collection instrument, and the opportunity for additional items to be included
- Stakeholder engagement focussed on wellbeing measurement
- Cultural adaptation and translation of the wellbeing items
- Building the survey platform
- Strategies to recruit schools
- Communication and census administration materials
- Privacy protocols that allow for identifiable URL data
- Opening the survey platform for students to complete the Wellbeing and Engagement collection
- Technical support during the collection period
- Cleaning and processing of data
- Psychometric report reflecting how the items work
- Generating customised school reports
- Student data broken down by gender and/or year level and domain
- Whole of system report
- Project management and support
- All licencing and IP matters
- Additional information as requested
In working with you, we draw upon our skilled staff, who have significant technical capability including:
Our approach to product and policy development is to take a multidisciplinary methodology to ensure that we can bring together the varied skill sets required to deliver high-quality products that meet the needs of various stakeholders.
Contact us for information about pricing.