New mandatory notification training (RRHAN-EC) is available now. You can do this if:
- your certificate is expiring soon, or
- you do not have a current certificate.
The Department for Education Swimming and Aquatics unit welcomes Austswim candidates who wish to get teaching experience in the department's swimming program.
Contact the instructor-in-charge at the swimming centre you wish to access.
You must provide evidence of:
- your Austswim course booking confirmation letter and receipt of payment
- completed and current Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse And Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN-EC) training
- completing a working with children check (WWCC) (renewed every 5 years)
- ‘form 4 supervised teaching experience guidelines’ from your Austswim candidate handbook.
See working in water safety for more information about pay rates and working as an assistant instructor or instructor in the Swimming and Aquatics unit.
Water Safety Team
Phone: 8416 5920
Fax: 8115 5558
Email: Educationswimaquatics [at] sa.gov.au